and how!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ok, only word word can describe tonight's dinner..... YUM!!!! I can't take much credit because Cory made most of the magic happen- way to go hubby! Tonight's dinner didn't involve any recipes but I just had to share because it was the perfect mix of delicious goodness.

This year on Valentine's Day, we stayed in and cooked dinner and Cory tried out a new technique for cooking the steaks (they were filets- my favorite cut!). He broiled the steaks in the oven on a grated metal griddle. They were divine so when he brought home some filets the other day, we had to give the broiling another go. Again, they were delicious and I would highly recommend trying it out. I don't know how he did it exactly, but I know it involved some canola oil, salt, pepper, and a 500 degree oven that he eventually turned up to broil. Please let me know if you would like the specifics and I can get them for you :)

To accompany the steaks, I marinated some shrimp (which he also broiled)-- this marinade is delicious and I used it in my first blog post.

Now, I must admit something. I have never made mashed potatoes from scratch and quite frankly, just thinking about trying, kinda scares me. I took the easy way out and bought some pre-made garlic mashed potatoes that were actually pretty tasty! They have them in the refrigerated section at the grocery store if you aren't quite feeling those dehydrated flakes but don't quite feel like going to the effort of making your own. I just popped them in the microwave and viola!

And finally, one of the best new items from Trader Joe's that I have tried in a while- they now have crescent rolls in those pop open cans. SOOOO yummy! The can made eight and Cory and I almost demolished all of them between the two of us! Those are dangerous, let me tell you!

Steaks, shrimp, mashed potatoes and crescent rolls.... doesn't get much better than that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment