and how!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Burgers




One of Cory's all time favorite foods and something I have grown to also like is buffalo wings. Anytime I find a recipe involving buffalo sauce, I want to try it out. Tonight I made Buffalo Chicken Burgers; they were really tasty! It was the first time I have cooked with ground chicken and it is definitely not as easy as working with ground turkey. It is REALLY sticky and not super easy to mold. If you are going to give this recipe a go, I recommend ensuring that the ground chicken is really cold as this may help it mold into the patty shape a little easier. I also recommend following the recipe's advice when it says to grease the grill-- otherwise, the meat will definitely stick.
Anyways, here is the recipe! :)

Ingredients:

-1 ½ pounds ground chicken

- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce*

- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning

- ½ teaspoon paprika

- 1 pinch cayenne pepper

- 1 Tablespoon hot pepper sauce*

*I used Frank's Buffalo wing sauce

Directions:

  1. Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat.
  2. Mix ground chicken, ¼ cup hot sauce, poultry seasoning, paprika and cayenne pepper together in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. Form ¾ inch thick patties.
  3. Cook burgers on grill for 6-7 minutes until well-marked. Spray the uncooked top of the burger with cooking spray and flip the burgers.
  4. Brush the cooked side with 1 tablespoon hot sauce and continue cooking until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear (about 5 minutes more). Thermometer should read at least 165 degrees.
The recipe also calls for a blue cheese/sour cream topping but I opted for some ranch dressing on the side (Cory just loaded his with extra buffalo sauce). I served the burgers with another one of our favorites-- sweet potato fries (I buy the frozen ones from Trader Joe's).

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend! I am going to bake a patriotic cake-- I will post pictures for sure! :) TGIF (almost!!) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment